Academic Resource Finder
Find help as you continue to become a learner, develop lifelong habits of mind, intentionally design your education around your goals and aspirations, build a learning community, and find academic belonging.
clock Get Help with Motivation, Planning & Time Management
- Find great tips on Intentional Planning and Time Management.
- Meet with my Academic Success Coach to improve my planning and time management skills.
- USU 1020 – “Habits of Mind: Planning for College Success” class to practice goal setting, time management, and organization.
book Improve My Study Habits
- Find useful tips on Study Habits and Success, Reading Comprehension, Notetaking, Test Prep and the Study Smart Starter Kit.
- Meet with my Academic Success Coach to guide me through developing study habits.
- Habits of Mind Courses – a chance to practice these strategies in my other classes.
Get Help with a Class
- Supplemental Instruction - weekly review sessions led by a student for most general education courses.
- Tutoring - Tutoring assistance is provided in a variety of ways to meet the needs of students—subject-specific, online, in-person, free or with a tutor for hire.
- Find success and belonging in Math and Science by taking USU 1070: Habits of Mind – Success in STEM.
- Disability Resource Center - Help with accommodations and support through classes if there is a documented disability.
pencil Find Writing Support
- Writing Fellows – assigned to work with courses that have writing assignments.
- Writing Centers – set up an appointment to go over writing assignments with a tutor. There are several options on campus and online:
- Library - Librarians are available to help focus research topics, find and evaluate information, cite sources ethically.
grad cap Design My Education & Future
- Advising – guide me through decisions with my classes and major requirements.
- Enhance your career exploration and development through career development tutorials, visiting the Career Design Center, or taking career series courses.
- Step outside the classroom and Study Abroad.
- Become an active citizen through Community Engagement and Scholarship.
Build My Learning Community
- Get tips on how to build your learning community, talk with professors, and collaborate with peers on group projects
- Engage with a Spacemaker to talk through life's challenges in a private and confidential setting
- Book a study room in the library or other buildings
- Aggie First Scholars - Programs and resources for first generation college students.
- TRIO Student Support Services- a program, located in Logan and Blanding, that I can apply for as a first-generation student, receive Pell grants, or have a documented disability. I can receive support from a learning specialist, attend classes, and connect me to other resources.
- Find clubs and meet students with a similar identity or interest by connecting with Student Affairs and the Division of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
desktop Getting Prepared for College Success
- Tips on setting up your space and technology for college success.
Get information about all areas of available student financial support!
Take Care of My Wellbeing
Get information on mental and physical wellness, clubs and involvement, and service opportunities.